This drinking fountain was built as part of Malvern Wells’ celebrations of Queen Victoria's Golden Jubilee in 1887. The ornate carved red sandstone
edifice stands at the junction of Green Lane and Wells Road, on the corner of Grundy's Lane.
The Jubilee Fountain has recently been renovated with funding from the Heritage Lottery Fund Malvern Heritage Project, through the local Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty (ANOB) office and The Malvern Spa Association.
The Fountain had been dry for many years as the piped system from the original water source from the Holy Well had been damaged. In 2007, as part of the restoration, it was given a new connection to spring water from the adjacent Spring Main in Wells Road, by courtesy of Severn Trent Water.
In recent years the council's jubilee Gardeners working Group have undertaken a great deal of work to restore and enhance the Jubilee Fountain Garden and have been successful in achieving recognition for their work from the Royal Horticultural Society.
The Jubilee Fountain now has a replacement Victorian push-button water tap (obtained on eBay) which was installed to prevent water loss, but due to water pressure problems the flow of water is rather variable.
In 2007, Malvern Wells Parish Council was able to undertake official ownership of the fountain from the Worcester Diocese, enabling it to be scheduled for repairs and spring water reconnection as part of the Malvern Heritage Project. The restoration work was carried out in 2007 and the planting of the cleared area around the Jubilee Fountain is to take place later in 2008.